When you’re working out, you’re probably not thinking about your gym bag, that’s probably the last thing on your mind. But, just like the a-m-a-z-i-n-g shower after a good work-out to freshen up, your gym bag could also use some of that freshness with a dash of scent too! We know that many of you have tried different store-bought solutions and spent a fortune on finding the right scent that you actually like, so when it comes to choosing the best gym bag deodorizer, you might just want to DIY. The striking sweat odor that can linger in our gym bag is something we rather not remember, so let’s get to it and make it smell as sweet as roses! Or a scent that you prefer!
Getting rid of the funk – here are 2 DIY gym bag deodorizer =)
- Flower Sachets [a little bit old-fashioned, but works like magic!]
- Handkerchief or sachet
- Rubber band or ribbon
- Dried flowers or herbs (of your choice)
- We recommend lavender, rose petals, rosemary, lemon balm or geranium
- Tuck your chosen dried flowers and herbs into the handkerchief or sachet and close it with a rubber band or ribbon
- Put a couple of sachets into the gym bag
- Make sure to change them if they ever get wet!
2. Deodorizer spray
Just take this little gem with you to the gym and spray it on your clothes after your shower.
- Spray bottle
- 1/2 Cup White Distilled Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Distilled Water
- 1/4 Cup Liquid Fabric Softener
- Pour all the ingredients together into a spray bottle.
- Shake it well before each use
- Apply on your sweaty clothes
Pour the ingredients together into a spray bottle. Shake it well before each use, and apply on your sweaty clothes. 🙂
Remember that you will still need to wash the clothes when you get home!
However, these 2 very easy gym bag DIY deodorizers can help until then!